With the world being so ugly, people have been unkind, and it’s very interesting in what’s going on.
This is a conversation I have with my own children, as I see how consumed they become in everything the internet. I personally think life was actually pretty cool and a lot less stressful.
- Having an imagination and making our own fun.
- Actually, I had to use my brain when it came to school.
- Books were a thing, loved going to people’s houses and seeing books.
- Deeper connections with people and real conversations.
- Street lights came on that was time to go home.
- Tapping on my friends window to see they home or awake.
- Using a typewriter at school
- Having to watch the news on TV was a compulsory thing.
- Friendships are different from what they are now, I was never at home, always planning the weekend.
- Always with family doing things, no distractions.
I personally think life before the internet was pretty cool, and I have better appreciation for things. Think children miss out on the connections we had, imagination can be limited, books are not really a thing, not experience the good Ole landlines, board game nights, living at multiple houses and having different mums.