Self care for me is looking after me as a whole person looking after my mind, body, and soul. Mental, emotional, physical, social, and spiritual are all aspects of my life. I practice self care in, been chronically ill, and living with pain it’s super important to look after me.
- Every morning, it’s ensuring I take my medication and whole food product, having a bottle of water ready for me to walk out of the house with.
- I practice yoga four times a week. This is time to relax the mind, stretch the body, and release the yuck.
- Practice reformer pilates this more for strength and exercise
- Around the 6 week mark I’ll book in for mirimiri Maori massage, all about healing.
- Every month, I have a physio and lymphatic drainage massage to help with my ongoing health issues.
- Wednesday morning I take myself to the beach for a morning coffee.
- Allowing my body to rest and relax day, weather I sleep, watch TV it’s my day to do nothing
- Catch a with a friend or family least once week.
- Practice meditation 🧘♀️
- Catching up with my wellness coach and making sure my care plan is working, attending counseling, etc
- Switch off from the internet, have a quiet moment with a good read
- Getting into nature and planning holidays to recharge the batteries 🔋
Self care is so important, and we need to be doing more for ourselves.