Living in world where we need to busy all the time, the constant rushing between work, family and looking after you has become alot harder. I did not relize how quickly work life can start over taking your life and become consumed.
It took me to become sick and at complete burnout to re look at my life and figure out a way to create balance. I have literally raised my three children on my own and that came with its challanges and then throw in work, with the added of study life on top and the already preassures of life.
For me it was working out whar was important to me and coming to the thought my children will eventually leave home and im missing out on things and seeing life with them so how can i still work and be mum and get the best of both.
These are my things that keep me balanced between the two
- I practice yoga and this allows me to rest the mind and release the things that im holding in.
- I have diary system add my work hours, appts this keeps me focused and stops me from loading up my day with things
- I plan and save for the odd weekend away with partner this allows us to reconnect
- I make time for my children and family weather is a family dinner once a week
- I live simple and day to day
- I have learnt and still learning boundaries and putting them in my life
- I ensure i have me time weather its brought coffee, massage these things full my cup
- Practice mindfullness
- Learning my limits and listening to my body
- Unplug from social media
The way society is viewed is you always need to be busy and its wrong and it needs to change because its not healthy for your mind or body.